intelliFLEX Business Network
Our goal is to work with organizations that can help develop in Canada the capability to enable intelligent building technologies using printable, flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE).
As with any new technology, the challenge is to move beyond conceptual and prototype development to actual industry engagement that leads to sales and revenues. At intelliFLEX, we are developing a framework that will allow the Canadian FHE technology industry to work with stakeholders in the commercial and residential building automation industries. This will create the collaborative environment that will drive the development of new products and applications that serve market needs and have a high likelihood of commercial success.
For FHE technology developers, it’s an opportunity to rub shoulders with senior executives, potential business partners and new customers in this multibillion-dollar market. For stakeholders in the building automation industry, it is the chance to be in on the ground floor of a major technological shift that can dramatically change the economics of building operation.
Bringing Intelligent Automation to the Home, the Office and Beyond
It all comes down to building automation. Intelligent Buildings and Connected Homes are or will be equipped with some form of building automation system (BAS), controlled with a distributed computer network via Ethernet and wireless communication. Heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, security and fire systems are all controlled by the BAS, to improve occupant comfort and operational efficiency, and to reduce energy consumption and operating costs.
The next generation of these systems will take advantage of new technology, including FHE-enabled devices and applications, to go steps further, for remote monitoring and control of building systems, and to create new applications. Examples of these applications are flexible LED and OLED lighting, photovoltaic windows that will allow a building to generate its own electricity, transparent displays that can turn glass walls into multimedia platforms, and inventory management systems that can track goods tagged with intelligent labelling as they leave or enter the premises. Comparable applications that may be powered with FHE will evolve for the intelligent homes market.
We see a tremendous opportunity to help shape the evolution of this industry through FHE.
Through our strategic collaboration agreement with the Continental Automated Buildings Association (CABA), intelliFLEX can open doors for you with end users and application-oriented companies.
We will engage participants in a process that begins with Information Collection and Gap Analysis, through workshops and whitepapers. This will provide us with a clear understanding of the market’s needs, current technology readiness and commercialization efforts relevant to the building industry, barriers and possible ways forward.
Our next step will be industry engagement, to move forward with a network of complimentary businesses that are working together to engage customers with a comprehensive solution.
While this business network will be supported at the outset by the dollars invested by participants to take part, its success will ultimately rest on building these financial partnerships with end users in the building automation industry. If and when possible, intelliFLEX and CABA will explore other sources of financing to leverage the contributions made by companies.
Benefits for Industry Participants
- An opportunity exclusive to intelliFLEX Members.
- Meet with new customers, end users and designers from globally competitive companies who can influence the inclusion of your technology into their products.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of these market needs and wants, including time horizons, willingness to invest in your technology and locations of these global market opportunities.
- Learn about and help define relevant industry standards.
- Build joint roadmaps with these customers/end-users for specific client-driven applications.
- Team up with complementary technology companies to provide a full solution.
- Pitch your company solution to VP-level decision makers at global companies that could be customers or end users of your technology.
- Use intelliFLEX’s Project Management Professional (PMP) to put together specific demonstration projects to meet end user needs.
- Lever your company resources with academic and government funding wherever possible for application development.
- Gain access to funding programs with specific PE components.
All these benefits will translate into cost savings for your R&D budget, increased sales revenue, and new technology and product opportunities.
Tapping into the industry’s global ecosystem
What sorts of organizations are we engaging to join the intelliBUILD Business Network through our partnership with the Continental Automated Buildings Association? They span the full spectrum of the industry and its ecosystem. In fact, CABA’s membership is an excellent representation of the organizations that can and should be part of intelliBUILD:
- Display your logo on the intelliBUILD micro-site with your level of sponsorship clearly showing your support
- Display your company logo on email announcements as a sponsor
- Showcase your organization at selected intelliBUILD meetings through speaking engagements
- First right of refusal to co-fund and participate in applications or R&D projects proposed by intelliBUILD Members
- Seat on intelliBUILD Advisory Board
- Access to special meetings with end users
- Access to special events and delegations to meet end users
- Access to intelliFLEX intelliBUILD application white papers, Canadian product and technology roadmaps (if developed)
To discuss sponsorship opportunities please call 613.505.4755 extension 101
intelliBUILD News & Events
Learn, Connect, Partner and Profit at CPES2018 OTTAWA—January 24 2018—CPES2018 (https://intelliflex.org/cpes2018/), Canada’s premier conference and trade show exhibition for flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE), is mustering support from across North America and...read more
Come to Learn, Connect, Partner and Profit: Be an Early Bird and save $200 OTTAWA—November 21 2017—CPES2018 (https://intelliflex.org/cpes2018/), Canada’s premier conference and trade show exhibition for flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE), is doing more to help you...read more
The CABA Forum brings together leading organizations involved in the integration of intelligent building systems and connected home technologies. CABA estimates that over 200 key stakeholders and industry leaders will gather to discuss current trends in the...read more
OTTAWA— Sept. 27, 2016—The Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (www.cpeia-acei.ca) continues to grow its reach across Canada’s robust college sector with the addition of Red River College and Tech-Access Canada to its growing membership. Red River...read more
Intelligent Buildings, Connected Homes on the agenda at Canada’s Printable, Flexible, Wearable Electronics Symposium OTTAWA—April 11, 2016—The Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (www.cpeia-acei.ca) and the Continental Automated Buildings Association...read more