A visual timeline
- The Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (CPEIA), forerunner of the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance, founded in October.
- CPEIA debuted on the world stage, with delegation exhibiting at Printed Electronics USA’s Canadian Pavilion in November.
- CPEIA assumed management of CPES, the Canadian Printable Electronics Symposium.
- CPEIA surpassed its first major milestone, obtaining 32 Founding Members.
- CPEIA signed its first strategic partnership – an MOU with the Continental Automated Buildings Association (CABA).
- CPEIA signed its second strategic partnership – an MOU with Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME).
- CPEIA surpassed its next membership milestone – 50 Members by CPES2015.
- CPEIA signed its third strategic partnership – an MOU with PAC, Packaging Consortium
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2015. The event is doubled from previous years, both in terms of number of attendees and the scope of its agenda.
- CPEIA announced the election of its first Board of Directors and the promotion of founding Executive Director Peter Kallai to President and CEO.
- CPEIA launched a study on sustainability with a team of UOttawa Executive MBAs that results in several major recommendations for the ongoing operation of the association.
- CPEIA signed its fourth strategic partnership – an MOU with AIPIA, the global association for active and intelligent packaging.
- CPEIA, PAC and AIPIA co-launched the intelliPACK business network for intelligent packaging.
- CPEIA, CABA co-launched the IntelliBUILD business network for intelligent buildings and connected homes.
- CPEIA launched OPE-Careers.com, a dedicated careers portal for the industry.
- CPEIA, PAC hosted first intelliPACK intelligent packaging workshop at XRCC with 65 companies in attendance. Well-received white paper follows.
- CPEIA once again joined the delegation exhibiting at Printed Electronics USA’s Canadian Pavilion.
- CPEIA kicked off drive to CPES2016 with addition of inaugural Innovation Awards, other new program elements.
- CPES2016 re-positioned to include wearable, stretchable and 3D printable electronics, beyond the traditional large area 2D printable electronics.
- CPEIA launched new three-day PE Training Program, in partnership with ICI and NRC.
- CPEIA took over management of the Printed Electronics Network LinkedIn Group, an established group with almost 2,500 members.
- CPEIA and PAC launched the intelliPACK Leadership Council with some 15 major companies on its Executive Committee.
- CPEIA transitioned to new sustaining membership rate structure with 65 Members.
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2016, with a larger agenda from the previous year and addition of the CPES Innovation Awards.
- Two landmark research papers launched with CABA on applications for printable and flexible electronics in Intelligent Buildings and Connected Homes.
- CPEIA signed its fifth strategic partnership – an MOU with IEEE through its Ottawa Section.
- Special Session on Printable Electronics delivered at the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) in Montreal.
- Special Session on Printable Electronics delivered at ANTEM, IEEE’s international conference on antenna design. CPEIA subsequently publishes a first-of-its-kind research review of printed antenna capability in Canada.
- CPEIA and PAC delivered fall intelliPACK workshop at ICI in Montreal.
- CPEIA signed its sixth strategic partnership – an MOU with Tech-Access Canada.
- CPEIA presented at IEEE’s Standards Association 5G Workshop in Ottawa on uses and applications for printable electronics in the wireless industry.
- CPEIA and its partners launched drive toward CPES2017 with expanded scope that included new Day 3 activities in support of startups and SMEs.
- Sector Leadership Council Meeting held at XRCC in Toronto – the first high-level round table to develop a common vision and growth strategy for the CPEIA and the industry.
- CPEIA, PAC hosted second intelliPACK smart packaging fall workshop, at ICI in Montreal.
- CPEIA attended and exhibited at the 72nd Annual General Meeting of the IEEE Ottawa Section and the meeting of its National Board of Directors.
- Partnership with CPEIA Member Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to help startup and growth-stage technology companies.
- CPEIA published a key findings report from the Q4 2016 Sector Leadership Council: Primed for Growth: A Roadmap for Accelerating Canada’s Printable, Flexible, Wearable Electronics Industry.
- CPEIA revised all programs to respond to Member needs based on the Strategic Directions established at the Sector Leadership Council Meeting in Q4 2016.
- CPEIA and the NRC delivered OPV workshop at host venue CSAGroup.
- CPEIA attended and presented in Paris at the annual conference of AFELIM – France’s PE industry association.
- CPEIA rebuilt a stable base of around 80 Members through 2017 membership renewal process following a transition year in 2016.
- CPEIA and PAC delivered two-day workshop and intelliPACK exhibit at Graphics Canada Expo, and a one-day course on Smart Packaging for Managers.
- CPEIA delivered an intelliBUILD workshop at CABA’s Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum in Santa Clara, CA.
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2017. A larger agenda from the previous year included a new Startup of the Year Award and a Day 3 schedule that capped off two months of startup mentoring with a business pitch competition and a financing panel representing six organizations that provide financial support for our sector.
- CPEIA signed its seventh strategic partnership – an MOU with SEMI | FlexTech of the U.S.
- CPEIA signed its eighth strategic partnership – an MOU with France’s AFELIM.
- At the 2016 AGM, CPEIA and its Board of Directors were granted a mandate by Members in attendance to rebrand as the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance.
- CPEIA launched a $100 Million Industry Challenge to showcase R&D and commercialization investment in our sector to attract greater investment.
- CPEIA began dialogue with Members and partners to launch two institutes intended to bridge the commercialization and scale up gap for Canadian SMEs:
- Flexible & Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Manufacturing Institute
- Wearables and Smart Textile Manufacturing Institute
- CPEIA officially relaunches as the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance with a new brand identity, expanded mandate and revamped program offering.
- intelliFLEX takes over the NRC’s Smart Textiles and Wearable Innovation Alliance (STWIA) with 90-members doubling its membership base to close to 200 members
- launches a new intelliWEAR program and Leadership Council.
- intelliFLEX debuted its fall program calendar with close to 10 events across Canada and an event in the US until Jan 2018.
Members receive access to exclusive content, member directory, forums, job postings, and special events.
Test drive our new 1-day course in printable, flexible, hybrid electronics, Toronto
September 28, 2017
Geared toward potential technology users and developers who wish to learn more about what is possible with printable, flexible or wearable electronics and how to integrate into products for a range of industries.
Get Smart Summit, Mississauga
October 17, 2017
Inaugural intelliPACK event to mobilize industry to accelerate the development and broad adoption of smart packaging innovations.