A visual timeline
- CPEIA officially relaunches as the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance with a new brand identity, expanded mandate and revamped program offering.
- intelliFLEX takes over the NRC’s Smart Textiles and Wearable Innovation Alliance (STWIA) with 90-members doubling its membership base to close to 200 members
- launches a new intelliWEAR program and Leadership Council.
- intelliFLEX debuted its fall program calendar with close to 10 events across Canada and an event in the US until Jan 2018.
- CPEIA and PAC delivered two-day workshop and intelliPACK exhibit at Graphics Canada Expo, and a one-day course on Smart Packaging for Managers.
- CPEIA delivered an intelliBUILD workshop at CABA’s Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum in Santa Clara, CA.
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2017. A larger agenda from the previous year included a new Startup of the Year Award and a Day 3 schedule that capped off two months of startup mentoring with a business pitch competition and a financing panel representing six organizations that provide financial support for our sector.
- CPEIA signed its seventh strategic partnership – an MOU with SEMI | FlexTech of the U.S.
- CPEIA signed its eighth strategic partnership – an MOU with France’s AFELIM.
- At the 2016 AGM, CPEIA and its Board of Directors were granted a mandate by Members in attendance to rebrand as the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance.
- CPEIA launched a $100 Million Industry Challenge to showcase R&D and commercialization investment in our sector to attract greater investment.
- CPEIA began dialogue with Members and partners to launch two institutes intended to bridge the commercialization and scale up gap for Canadian SMEs:
- Flexible & Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Manufacturing Institute
- Wearables and Smart Textile Manufacturing Institute
- CPEIA published a key findings report from the Q4 2016 Sector Leadership Council: Primed for Growth: A Roadmap for Accelerating Canada’s Printable, Flexible, Wearable Electronics Industry.
- CPEIA revised all programs to respond to Member needs based on the Strategic Directions established at the Sector Leadership Council Meeting in Q4 2016.
- CPEIA and the NRC delivered OPV workshop at host venue CSAGroup.
- CPEIA attended and presented in Paris at the annual conference of AFELIM – France’s PE industry association.
- CPEIA rebuilt a stable base of around 80 Members through 2017 membership renewal process following a transition year in 2016.
- CPEIA and its partners launched drive toward CPES2017 with expanded scope that included new Day 3 activities in support of startups and SMEs.
- Sector Leadership Council Meeting held at XRCC in Toronto – the first high-level round table to develop a common vision and growth strategy for the CPEIA and the industry.
- CPEIA, PAC hosted second intelliPACK smart packaging fall workshop, at ICI in Montreal.
- CPEIA attended and exhibited at the 72nd Annual General Meeting of the IEEE Ottawa Section and the meeting of its National Board of Directors.
- Partnership with CPEIA Member Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to help startup and growth-stage technology companies.
- CPEIA and PAC delivered fall intelliPACK workshop at ICI in Montreal.
- CPEIA signed its sixth strategic partnership – an MOU with Tech-Access Canada.
- CPEIA presented at IEEE’s Standards Association 5G Workshop in Ottawa on uses and applications for printable electronics in the wireless industry.
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2016, with a larger agenda from the previous year and addition of the CPES Innovation Awards.
- Two landmark research papers launched with CABA on applications for printable and flexible electronics in Intelligent Buildings and Connected Homes.
- CPEIA signed its fifth strategic partnership – an MOU with IEEE through its Ottawa Section.
- Special Session on Printable Electronics delivered at the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) in Montreal.
- Special Session on Printable Electronics delivered at ANTEM, IEEE’s international conference on antenna design. CPEIA subsequently publishes a first-of-its-kind research review of printed antenna capability in Canada.
- CPEIA launched new three-day PE Training Program, in partnership with ICI and NRC.
- CPEIA took over management of the Printed Electronics Network LinkedIn Group, an established group with almost 2,500 members.
- CPEIA and PAC launched the intelliPACK Leadership Council with some 15 major companies on its Executive Committee.
- CPEIA transitioned to new sustaining membership rate structure with 65 Members.
- CPEIA, PAC hosted first intelliPACK intelligent packaging workshop at XRCC with 65 companies in attendance. Well-received white paper follows.
- CPEIA once again joined the delegation exhibiting at Printed Electronics USA’s Canadian Pavilion.
- CPEIA kicked off drive to CPES2016 with addition of inaugural Innovation Awards, other new program elements.
- CPES2016 re-positioned to include wearable, stretchable and 3D printable electronics, beyond the traditional large area 2D printable electronics.
- CPEIA signed its fourth strategic partnership – an MOU with AIPIA, the global association for active and intelligent packaging.
- CPEIA, PAC and AIPIA co-launched the intelliPACK business network for intelligent packaging.
- CPEIA, CABA co-launched the IntelliBUILD business network for intelligent buildings and connected homes.
- CPEIA launched OPE-Careers.com, a dedicated careers portal for the industry.
- CPEIA surpassed its next membership milestone – 50 Members by CPES2015.
- CPEIA signed its third strategic partnership – an MOU with PAC, Packaging Consortium
- CPEIA and its partners hosted CPES2015. The event is doubled from previous years, both in terms of number of attendees and the scope of its agenda.
- CPEIA announced the election of its first Board of Directors and the promotion of founding Executive Director Peter Kallai to President and CEO.
- CPEIA launched a study on sustainability with a team of UOttawa Executive MBAs that results in several major recommendations for the ongoing operation of the association.
- CPEIA surpassed its first major milestone, obtaining 32 Founding Members.
- CPEIA signed its first strategic partnership – an MOU with the Continental Automated Buildings Association (CABA).
- CPEIA signed its second strategic partnership – an MOU with Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME).
- The Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (CPEIA), forerunner of the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance, founded in October.
- CPEIA debuted on the world stage, with delegation exhibiting at Printed Electronics USA’s Canadian Pavilion in November.
- CPEIA assumed management of CPES, the Canadian Printable Electronics Symposium.