- This event has passed.
CPES2018 Masterclasses – Evolving standards for Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE)
May 22, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT$75
Just as the historic growth of semiconductor electronics has been supported by several fundamental standards for testing, qualification and certification of product performance and safety, it is vital the growth of flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE) sector is supported by the development of leading-edge, consensus-based standards. In this session, the participants will learn:
- Why are the precompetitive standards fundamental to product innovation and how they enable commercialization of new products and technologies, reduce overall costs and speed time to market?
- Who are the major standards development organizations (SDO) involved with FHE?
- What are the standards available to the industry today and how could you use them?
- How standards lead to industry codes, qualification, certification and approvals?
- What you need to know about other standards activities related to device communication, e-textiles, FDA regulated wearables, smart building
- Why it is important for your company to play a role in standards development.
- How your company can shape existing or under-development consensus standards or work with SDOs to develop new standards.
- How standards apply to specific end-product sectors, including development of addenda to standards for specific applications (e.g., automotive, medical, aerospace, etc.).
Workshop/Master Class Leaders:
Chris Jorgensen, Director Technology Transfer with IPC – Association Connecting Electronics Industries. This worldwide trade association represents the electronics interconnect industry. Jorgensen is staff liaison to standards development committees, including committees for e-textiles and printed electronics.
Haridoss Sarma, Research and Technology Scout and Go 2 Scout 4 R&T. A seasoned veteran in evaluating technology readiness levels and in technology transfer and commercialization. He and Jorgensen will discuss evolving new standards for FHE and how to incorporate these into your development processes for faster market access.
Please note you need to registered for CPES2018 to attend this event.