With 40 speakers, don’t miss the biggest industry event in Canada and the US Northeast
OTTAWA—April 19 2018—CPES2018 (https://intelliflex.org/cpes2018/), Canada’s premier conference and trade show exhibition for flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE), is the place where industry and academia meet to do business and find opportunity.
Organized by the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance (www.intelliflex.org) CPES2018 takes place from May 23-24 at Centennial College’s Conference Centre in Toronto. There have never been so many top brands and manufacturers at CPES.
Come learn about end users and their needs. Why pay more at the door? Register today for the best available pricing.
“What happens over coffee and on the exhibition floor at CPES2018 is just as valuable, if not more so, than the insights gained from who’s on the stage,” said Peter Kallai, CPES2018 co-chair and President and CEO of intelliFLEX. “Business happens, contacts are made, opportunities are discovered. Attendees do not walk away empty-handed.”
It all begins on Day Zero (May 22) – extend your skills with one of four Masterclasses led by industry experts. Choose from Human-Centred Design, Smart Textiles, Evolving Standards or Intellectual Property.
This is followed by two days of engagement with scores of innovators and thought leaders from around the world through keynotes, plenary sessions, panel discussions, the Women in FHE STEM Networking Breakfast, startup pitch sessions and multiple networking opportunities.
Here are the latest additions to our speaker lineup. Check out the full lineup online.
Justine Decaens, Program Manager CTT Group, has been confirmed to lead our Smart Textiles Masterclass. Without a good understanding of technology, market challenges and growth potential, finding success in this evolving sector can prove challenging. This workshop will cover a wide variety of pitfalls, key market trends and case studies, to equip your team for success.
New additions to our Day 1 lineup of industry speakers exploring FHE applications:
- Sam Alesio, Managing Director, Tyco Electronics, will take part in our Session on Automotive FHE applications for the automotive industry.
- Gautam Debnath, Packaging Development Manager, GlaxoSmithKline Health, who will take part in our Smart Packaging & Retail panel to discuss expectations and realities in smart packaging for over-the-counter medications.
- Luc Frechette, Professor at the University of Sherbrooke and its Interdisciplinary Institute for Technological Innovation – 3IT. He will discuss flexible sensors for intelligent tire monitoring and energy harvesting from tire deformation, to improve active stability control and noise reduction in automobiles.
- Ganesh Iyer, Vice President of Engineering, Martinrea International, will take part in our Session on Automotive and discuss how this diversified global automotive supplier is responding to OEM needs with new materials and FHE applications.
- Ralf Lenigk, Senior Microfluids Researcher, GE Global Health Research, who will take part in our Session on Smart Textiles & Wearables. He will discuss sweat and how it’s a great source of health data.
Day 2: From Materials, to Components and Manufacturing
- Martin Bolduc, Researcher with INO, Canada’s leading design and development firm of optic and photonic solutions. Martin will discuss fabrication strategies for creating the flexible, low-cost sensors required by intelligent systems for the Internet of Things.
- Doyle Edwards, Director of Government Programs, Brewer Science, who will introduce and lead our Scaling Up 2D Flexible Electronics session.
- Chantal Paquet, Research Officer, the National Research Council of Canada, who will discuss new ink development at the NRC as part of our Scaling Up 2D Flexible Electronics session.
- Doug Suerich, Product Evangelist, The Peer Group Inc. He will take part in our Scaling Up Manufacturing Session to discuss using software tools to achieve high-volume FHE manufacturing with standards, by drawing on the lessons learned from the semiconductor industry.
- Sara Vella, Senior Research Scientist, PE Group, XRCC, who will give a Gold Sponsor presentation on FHE developments and applications at XRCC as part of our Scaling Up 2D Flexible Electronics session.
And don’t miss our Startup Pitch Sessions and Award on Day 2
Participating companies confirmed to date include:
- 3D Circuits
- Acquire Industries
- Brilliant Matters Organic Electronics
- Pliant Power Devices
Watch these companies put their best feet forward to wow our judges from the Business Development Bank of Canada, Ontario Centres of Excellence, MaRS Discovery District and others to claim our second annual Startup of the Year Award.
See all our confirmed speakers and register today
Check out our website for a rundown of all our speakers. Visit often – new speakers continue to be confirmed.
Book your exhibit space today
Visit CPES2018 today to learn more about our startup pitch sessions, Innovation Awards, Women in FHE STEM Networking Breakfast, sponsorship opportunities and to book a tabletop exhibit.
Contact Sandra Bornn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To become a Member of intelliFLEX, please contact Peter Kallai, President and CEO, at email@example.com or +1 613-505-4775, ext. 101.
Media inquiries can be directed to Leo Valiquette, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613-505-4775 ext. 102.