Women in FHE STEM NOMINATION
Business and/or Technical Accomplishments of the Nominee (up to 500 words) worth 20 points
Describe the nominee's business/technical accomplishments. Please be as specific as possible, using quantifiable figures when possible. Point form answers are acceptable.
For example, stating that “The nominee oversaw a $5-million R&D program that brought a new product to market that generated $10 million in revenue its first year” will garner more points than "The nominee oversaw a new product development and launch program."
Responses should focus on the nominee’s individual role and accomplishments, when possible – saying how the individual was directly responsible for securing new customers, developing new products, creating spinoff startup companies through the transfer of university research or developing breakthrough technology will earn a higher score than referencing her organization’s overall growth.
Consider these questions:
- How much of the organization’s growth or reaching key milestones can be attributed to the nominee?
- What did the nominee do to achieve this?
- What business development activities has the nominee initiated?
- What has the nominee done to attract and/or retain clients?
- When the nominee was hired, what objectives were established? How did the nominee meet or exceed this target?
- What processes or programs has the nominee put in place that benefits the organization and the industry as a whole?
- What key technology (that has been commercialized) has the nominee developed?
- What challenges or obstacles has the nominee overcome in her current position?
- How has the nominee increased or improved the service offerings of the organization?
Nominee’s Level of Expertise (up to 300 words) worth 10 points
Please describe the nominee's level of expertise in their field. Point form answers are acceptable.
Consider the following:
- Education credentials: Please list the name of educational institutions the nominee has attended, along with the degree / diploma, any distinctions, and year of graduation.
- Use the nominee's experience to show her level of expertise by explaining who she worked with, how her work was used or her specific achievements within professional industry organizations.
- Please list any awards the nominee may have received, along with the year the award was given.
- Include any third-party recognition of the nominee’s expertise, such as media interviews, peer-reviewed journal articles and papers published, patents filed, guest speaker roles, college or university instructor.
Industry Involvement by the Nominee (up to 300 words) worth 10 points
Please describe the nominee’s industry involvement, such as through volunteer positions on boards, mentoring, work with charities and not-for-profits where she has made a significant contribution. Point form answers are acceptable.
Please provide the following details about each position:
- Name of organization
- Description of organization’s focus (one sentence)
- Length of service
- Monthly time commitment
- Specific role and accomplishments
Submit your NOMINATION
Submit an abstract for your opportunity to speak.
Limited availability, one admission included with reservation.
Only 7 remaining
Present a technical, academic or research based poster.
Professional grade - 4 classes to choose from.
New opportunities for Startups to exhibit.
Only 3 spots available
Helping Startups find partners and get to market.
Recognizing women in our industry and bringing them to the forefront.
Awards & opportunities available
Recognizing Research, Commercialization, Startups and Women in STEM.