- This event has passed.
intelliWEAR One-Day Course Toronto: Smart Textiles and Wearable Tech
October 23, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT$195 – $495
intelliFLEX delivers this course in partnership with CTT Group, a technology transfer center specializing in the research, development and testing of technical textiles, advanced textile-based materials and geosynthetics. Beyond CTT, the third partner in the course development was NEXTEX, NSERC funded Research Initiative with a focus on Smart Textiles & 3D Textiles with over 20 industrial members.
Wearable technology has far reaching implications for a host of industries, including first responders, military personnel, and health and wellness. From devices worn on the arm or wrist, to eye wear, footwear, exoskeletons and functionality embedded into fabrics, wearable technology will impact every individual in the course of their daily lives.
FHE is a key enabling technology for all these devices and applications due to its advantages over conventional electronic components.
This course is aimed at those that are relatively new to smart textiles and wearables and want to get a systematic overview from materials, to components to systems and applications. Organizations from application industries will find the course useful including automotive, aerospace, health care, fashion and other sectors as over 100 applications are highlighted in the various verticals including their status of development. According to the course participants, this course is also very useful for those that are working in the smart textile industry as it reviews a broader set of smart textile functions and applications that companies may be using currently, hence gets product developers thinking of the future generation of products and technologies that may wish to apply.
What you will learn:
- Technology building blocks, components and the key players in the supply chain
- Data analytics and information flow, from the types of sensors used to collect specific types of data, to how that data is managed on device and in the cloud
- Key end-use applications and use case examples for healthcare, fitness and sports performance, industrial, first responders and others
- Other applications for visibility, sensing, thermo-regulation and fashion
- The business case and solutions that you could develop and implement
- Lessons learned from the market’s early movers
Who should attend
- Companies involved in the apparel, fashion and textile industry supply chain
- Consumer electronics companies that are or wish to develop wearable technology
- Brand owners of leading fitness and apparel labels
- Consultants and analysts
- Technology companies and government organizations interested in developing better insight into applications for this market
- Research organizations planning to develop solutions for this market
The event will be held at George Brown College, room C449.
Please register for this course one week in advance – by Tuesday, Oct. 16.
“Very valuable overview of the whole area of smart textiles with very obvious and clear examples of applications and the great potential of this field. The workshop shows how smart textiles are becoming a part of the connected future.”
— Alireza Saidi, Project Manager, OMSignal
“I learnt way more from this course in one day than I would in a 3 day conference”
— Olivier Ferrand, R&D Department, GGI Solutions