- This event has passed.
intelliPACK presents Smart Packaging & Printed Electronics Workshops @ Graphics Canada Expo!
April 6, 2017 - April 8, 2017
- Network with almost 9,000 industry professionals from across Canada and the U.S.
- Explore new equipment and innovative products and services from 200 industry suppliers.
Graphics Canada Expo, Canada’s largest showcase for the graphic communications and printing industries, takes place April 6-8, 2017, at Toronto’s International Centre.
Under their joint intelliPACK Business Network, the CPEIA and PAC, Packaging Consortium are organizing two workshops as part of the Expo’s agenda – Smart Packaging and Printed Electronics. We also have a joint pavilion to exhibit for our Members.
Leading brand owners and technology experts will share intelligent and smart packaging systems. Applications will span wine and spirits, food and beverage, luxury, health and beauty, apparel, pharmaceuticals and other high value-added products. The focus will be on technologies and applications that extent shelf life, monitor freshness, enhance display information, improve safety and security, and increase convenience.
This is a great opportunity to expand your network and land new customers. If you are interested in speaking, exhibiting or attending either workshop, please contact Peter Kallai at email@example.com
Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Thursday, April 6th, 2017, 9 am -12 noon
Leading brand owners and technology experts will share intelligent and smart packaging systems and solutions. Applications for wine & spirits, electronics, foods and beverages, luxury, health & beauty, apparel, pharmaceuticals and other high value-added products. Products that help extend shelf life, monitor freshness, display information, improve safety, security and convenience.
1. Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Jim Downham, PAC
- Introduction: 9:00 – 9:05 am – Jim Downham, PAC
- Presentation 1: 9:05 – 9:35 am What is smart packaging? What are the key applications and uses? What is the difference between active and intelligent Packaging
- Presentation 2: 9:35 – 10:05 am Brand protection of Pharma products – James Lee, Jones Packaging
- Presentation 3: 10:05 – 10:35 am Interactive retail displays and interactive packaging to connect with the consumer at the point of decision – Christina Cvetan, Unilever
- Break 10:35 – 10:50 am
- Presentation 4: 10:50 11:20 am What you can learn about your consumer through smart packaging applications – Aaron Willinsky, Array Marketing & Mark Baldwin TUKU
- Presentation 5: 11:20 11:50 Smart labels – Michelle Chretien, Xerox Research Centre of Canada
Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Friday, April 7th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon
Leading technical and manufacturing professionals will provide an overview of technology and equipment for smart packaging and building blocks with a technical and manufacturing focus. Printing and packaging companies will share intelligent and smart packaging systems that help protect brands and create new revenue generation for the company.
2. Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Introduction 9:00 – 9:05 am – Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Presentation 1: 9:05 – 9:35 am What is printable electronics and why is it suitable for smart packaging? What are the key trends? Peter Kallai, Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association
- Presentation 2: 9:35 – 10:05 am What printing processes can be applied and what conductive inks may be utilized to create interactive packaging? Can this be added your printing lines? Derrick Hemmings, Sun Chemical
- Presentation 3: 10:05 – 10:35 am What are the key electronics components that can be printed or flexible that can be used for smart packaging? – James Lee, Jones Packaging
- Break 10:35 – 10:50 am
- Presentation 4: 10:50 – 11:20 am What key intelligent packaging applications can be supported by Printable Electronics? Dr. Ye Tao, NRC
Register now at the early bird rate of $75/person/day or $135 for both days. Your registration includes the $20 show admission.
Discounted rate expires February 28th, 2017. Rate after this date is $99/day/person or $175 for both days.