David Lotimer, B.A.Sc. (Chem Eng), LL.B.
Associate Lawyer, MBM Intellectual Property Law
David works with entrepreneurs to support their business start-ups and to help them manage their IP assets. He understands that consideration and understanding of intellectual property rights and protection is integral to the long-term success of any start-up and should be integrated at the early stages of the business.
An Introduction to Managing and Protecting Your Company’s Intellectual Property (IP)
- Determine when IP rights should be considered for SMEs
- Ensure your IP rights are yours and not your employees
- Identify different types of IP rights and their benefits
- Understand the timelines and costs of attaining different IP rights
- Outline techniques to securing your IP rights with limited budget
Submit an abstract for your opportunity to speak.
Limited availability, one admission included with reservation.
Only 7 remaining
Present a technical, academic or research based poster.
Professional grade - 4 classes to choose from.
New opportunities for Startups to exhibit.
Only 3 spots available
Helping Startups find partners and get to market.
Recognizing women in our industry and bringing them to the forefront.
Awards & opportunities available
Recognizing Research, Commercialization, Startups and Women in STEM.