Check out the full lineup for Canada’s top flexible and hybrid electronics industry event
OTTAWA—March 22 2018—CPES2018 (https://intelliflex.org/cpes2018/), Canada’s premier conference and trade show exhibition for flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE), is bridging the gap between innovation and commercialization with speakers and exhibitors who demonstrate how end users are, can and will use these technologies.
Organized by the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance (www.intelliflex.org) CPES2018 takes place from May 23-24 at Centennial College’s Conference Centre in Toronto.
Register today. Early bird pricing ends at midnight, March 31.
“Digital connectivity that reimagines how we live, work and play through data-driven insight is already reshaping entire industries,” said Peter Kallai, CPES2018 co-chair and President and CEO of intelliFLEX. “At CPES2018, we explore how FHE is enabling this transformation and migrating us toward the Internet of Everything in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive, to smart packaging and retail, and smart textiles and wearables.”
Engage with scores of innovators and thought leaders from around the world through two days of keynotes, plenary sessions, panel discussions, the Women in FHE STEM Networking Breakfast, startup pitch sessions and multiple networking opportunities.
Below are new additions to the speaker lineup announced today. Check out the full lineup online.
New additions to our lineup of international speakers and keynotes:
- Jayson Myers, CEO of Next Generation Manufacturing Canada, an industry-led not-for-profit that leads the federal government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster initiative. Jayson will deliver our Day 1 opening remarks and talk about how the Supercluster will help Canadian companies become world leaders in advanced technologies manufacturing, including FHE.
- Stergios Logothetidis, Founder and Chief Executive of HOPE-A – the Hellenic Organic and Printed Electronic Association. Stergios will talk about the state of the FHE industry and its key market players in Greece as part of our Materials to Components and Manufacturing session on Day 2.
- Susan Nejderås, Managing Director of Sweden’s Smart Textiles Institute at Science Park Boras. Susan will discuss the role and activities of the Institute on the international stage to drive the development and adoption of next-generation smart textiles and e-textiles as part of our Smart Textiles and Wearables session.
- David Rice, Senior VP of Marketing at TactoTEK, a leading provider of injection-moulded structural electronics (IMSE) from Finland. David will discuss how IMSE integrates printed circuitry and electronic components into 3D injection-moulded plastics for in-vehicle applications, home/industrial appliances and wearable technology as part of our Scaling Up 3D Printable Electronics session on Day 2.
- Geneviève Tanguay, VP of Emerging Technologies at the National Research Council of Canada. Geneviève will chair our Women in FHE STEM Networking Breakfast and discuss breaking the glass ceiling in STEM and emerging tech.
- Girish Wable, Manager Strategic Capabilities at Jabil,a product solutions company that provides comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services from its operations in 29 countries. Girish will explore Scaling Up Manufacturing for FHE devices on Day 2 of the conference.
New additions to our Day 1 lineup of industry speakers exploring FHE applications:
- Denis Faubert, President of the Consortium For Aerospace Research And Innovation In Canada (CARIC). Denis will chair this session and discuss CARIC’s role as a government funded non-profit to drive relevant industry-focused R&D projects.
- Jonathan Hack, R&D Manager Advanced Interiors and Systems R&D, at Bombardier. Jonathan will talk about next-generation interior and cabin features for business jets and passenger aircraft.
- George Palikaras, Founder and CEO of Metamaterial Technologies Inc., a smart materials and photonics company. George will discuss advanced materials that add protective features to aircraft exteriors.
- Mark Baldwin, Co-founder and President of TUKU, a leader in contactless digital marketing and customer intelligence. Mark will co-present a demonstration of a new FHE-enabled retail display developed in collaboration with Array Marketing.
- Aaron Willinsky, R&D Specialist, Array Marketing, a global manufacturer of retail merchandising systems and displays for the health and beauty and apparel industries. Aaron will co-present a demonstration of a new FHE-enabled retail display developed in collaboration with TUKU.
- Wayne Ablitt, President of Jannatec, a developer of communications and safety systems for the mining industry. Wayne will discuss Jannetec’s development of smart industrial vests for mining safety applications.
- Linh Le, CEO of Bonbouton, a technology platform for preventative diabetic health care. Linh will discuss BonBouton’s first product, a smart insole that uses printed graphene sensors to monitor the skin for early detection of foot ulcers, a common issue among Diabetes sufferers.
Day 2: From Materials, to Components and Manufacturing
Day 2 of CPES2018 will explore hybrid integration, as FHE componentry combines with traditional electronics to create innovative products and applications that offer the market new levels of functionality and flexibility. We will discuss approaches to scaling up manufacturing for 3D printable electronics and 2D flexible electronics.
See all our confirmed speakers and register today
Check out our website for a rundown of all our confirmed speakers and visit often as new speakers will be added through April.
Book your exhibit space today
Visit CPES2018 today to learn more about our startup pitch sessions, Innovation Awards, Women in FHE STEM Networking Breakfast, sponsorship opportunities and to book a tabletop exhibit.
Save $100 off the regular admission cost for CPES2018 if you register before March 31.
Contact Marie Bilodeau, Event Manager, at email@example.com for more information.
To become a Member of intelliFLEX, please contact Peter Kallai, President and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613-505-4775, ext. 101.
Media inquiries can be directed to Leo Valiquette, Director of Programs, at email@example.com or +1 613-505-4775 ext. 102.